Sunday, August 22, 2010

Recycling Home Decor

When it comes to decorating Chateau 809, it takes me a while to figure out what would looks best in each room.  I am finding that I like to try to reuse decor items that we already have rather than buy brand new things.  Don't get me wrong, I could spend hours at Home Goods (and quite frequently do) but it makes me feel better that I'm saving money and not letting things go to waste by trying to reuse things we already have.

Case in point- the kitchen mirror.  We've had this mirror for a while but I couldn't figure out  a good place in the house to hang it.  Meanwhile, I've been trying to decide what to hang on the walls in our kitchen to dress it up a bit.  A light bulb went off when I finally put two and two together and figured out that the mirror would look great in the kitchen if I gave it a fresh coat of white paint.

 Here's how the mirror originally looked:



After taping some blue painters tape and wrapping paper over it, it was time for painting.


After a fresh coat of white paint, here's how it looks hanging in the kitchen:



Not the best pictures but you can get a pretty good idea.  I love the contrast of the white with the gray paint and white cabinets.  Do you like to recycle any of your home decor items?

No comments:

Post a Comment