Friday, June 11, 2010

Laundry Room- Finally Complete

I know I've been neglecting this blog a bit lately :( but I thought I'd kick things back in gear by introducing the recently completed laundry room.

Let me first start off by saying that it's already pretty nice that our house has a dedicated room for laundry (tiny as it may be) since a lot of homes have the washer and dryer stored in a closet.  Unfortunately I don't have too  many "before" photos to share but I can tell you that the room was bleak.  I'm guessing that the washer and dryer that came with the home were over twenty years old and there was some hideous eighties vinyl flooring.

When we moved in, we bought a new washer and dryer but after that, the work stopped in the laundry room (other than actual laundry itself).  About eight months later, I got around to changing the ugly flooring by replacing it with new vinyl flooring in the form of peel and stick faux-wood planks.  (I got the idea from The Lettered Cottage.  I was a little hesitant at first but reading reviews and seeing how inexpensive they were sealed the deal).

We then painted the cabinets white and painted the entire room a pale mint green color. After adding a few accessories and a coordinating ironing board cover, the room is finally finished.  Sorry for the quality of the photos- the room is so small, it's impossible to get a decent shot of how the whole room looks.









Resources
Washer & Dryer:  Frigidair
Floors:  Novalis peel-and-stick vinyl planks
Paint: Thornton Sage by Benjamin Moore
Ironing Board Cover: Home Goods
Decorative Scissors: Anthropologie (painted white)
Decorative Storage Containers: Home Goods 
Laundry Basket: Ikea


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe those are vinyl floors! They look great!

    ReplyDelete